TheCuriousPyro

A suggestion for Chaos start rounds

Whenever you get a round where Chaos spawns, there's a good chance the round is gonna suck. Mainly because the Chaos and SCPs are more likely going to work together, grinding any action to a halt. While a solution to this would be to make it so Chaos and SCPs can't team with each other, I have a much more interesting solution to offer.

Instead of having Chaos replace the guards, have them replace 5 of the D bois  and let the guards spawn in as usual. 

Suddenly, you have 5 factions in play at the start instead of 4. Chaos now has another enemy to fight, guards have another reason to get out of entrance zone, if the guards somehow manage to kill the Chaos, they'll have access to their MGs AND easy access to the micro, and since less D bois spawn, the round is less likely to drag on.

• Like 2

I like this idea.  Usually I refrain from teaming with the SCPs, as its more fun to run them around, however it would be nicer to have more of a challenge for both guards and chaos if they were to spawn in.  In this case, there would be a war over who controls entrance zone rather than allowing either guards or chaos to roam around fearless of enemy presence.  It could also help push the Guards who camp in entrance get into heavy to get more work done, like they are supposed to do.

This would defiantly be a fun addition.

I'm not sure that spawning 5 Chaos to fight the Guards is necessarily the best - that's still 5 light machine guns with some 300 rounds each and they'll still just melt through the Guards (unless all the Guards are Robbie) and then it's business as usual.

I don't think this is a bad suggestion, though, I just think that's too many Chaos Insurgents.

But it's 5 chaos to fight the guards, as opposed to when they normally spawn at round start and there simply aren't any guards at all. Yeah Chaos can normally tear a guard apart, but 5 guards might be able to slim the numbers of starting chaos by 2-3.

I think it would definitely spice up chaos start rounds, we should give it a try.

I like the idea, as it is usually unfair for scientists as they have basically 3 teams trying to kill them. But as EMP and Laram said, chaos usually has a gun advantage over the guards. I love the idea of chaos and guards spawning in at the same time, so the game can spice up a bit and the scientists actually might have a good chance of getting out. It would be better to spawn more guards than chaos though, and I would definitely love to see war between guards and Chaos and the beginning of the round. My main flaw with this suggestion is that the guards may get really good gear at the start of the round, which can possibly put a disadvantage to the SCP's. Overall, I like this suggestion and it would make rounds a lot more interesting.

My biggest concern with this that laram mentioned is the fact that the chaos spawn with 300 rounds. It’s easy as a guard to drop a chaos from the end of a hallway with 2-3 headshots, Especially with the innacuracy of the logicer. The real problem will be that the guards all of the sudden have way more ammo than they should, and are able to shred the scps. Considering the rarity of the event I’m not sure if it would be game ruining or not. 

4 hours ago, Curtis said:

My biggest concern with this that laram mentioned is the fact that the chaos spawn with 300 rounds. It’s easy as a guard to drop a chaos from the end of a hallway with 2-3 headshots, Especially with the innacuracy of the logicer. The real problem will be that the guards all of the sudden have way more ammo than they should, and are able to shred the scps. Considering the rarity of the event I’m not sure if it would be game ruining or not. 

Uhh, that's implying that pinpoint accuracy is necessary with the Logicer despite the fact you can hold down left-click for like 30 seconds with non-stop bullets in very linear hallways. Blizzard just slaughtered an entire MTF squad by himself with a Logicer. 5 chaos can slaughter 5 guards, no contest. Especially considering when MTF or chaos spawn, they do so together, and so typically stay as a group until an SCP causes them all to scatter. Guards spawn separately and I've rarely seen enough cooperation for them all to meet up and then move as a group. So, the 5 chaos spawning basically makes them fodder unless they manage to avoid running into the group. 

While I think this is an interesting concept, the number of chaos would need to drop by 1 or 2 for me to feel this is balanced. Otherwise not only is the problem not addressed but it is instead exacerbated as now two teams, and not just one, are screwed over.

• Sad 1

"I think I'll learn... I'll learn F# nex-"

"F#?! F... F#?! Can you even sing F#, because that s***'s to high for me."

"Oh really?"

*mindless screaming in pitches that are definitely not F#

-BlueNova and Roflcopter, 4/6/2019, 4:28 AM EST.

Sorry @Sirdog, I guess I dont know what its like to be bad at the game ;).  I'd prefer any gun over the logicer aside from the project 90, as the overall accuracy allows for overall landing more shots.  I will admit that close range, aim goes out the window and jumping all over the place comes into play, the logicer is a legendary weapon.  However, if I do hear the stomp of chaos boots I distance myself as far as possible and prepare for a longer range gunfight which usually turns out in my favor, especially if I already made the trip to 049 or nuke room to grab an epsilon.  My point is that any good guard should be able to take out at least 1 chaos if they know how to play the game, and use their medkit wisely.  

Also, I think I stated something poorly.  As a guard, you can drop a chaos down a hallway pretty easily if they dont see you and you get the first shot in.  This has usually been the case for me getting into any kind of gunfight.  If they are running in a straight line towards you, you hardly have to track them, just aim for the head and correct the recoil.  Its the accuracy of the rest of the guns that makes the logicer less powerful when in a long range fight.

Forgot to mention I still love you Sirdog  ❤️

Edited by Curtis
  • Sad 1

I think 5 chaos would be a bit strong since the guns they have are better in the facility IMO than the guards who also have to worry bout the scps. So the guards would be kind of pinched in. The SCPs could just stand in the entrance area and wait for the chaos to come and kill the guards.
I would like to try it out though, might be fun.

16 hours ago, DerpyTurtleMan said:

The SCPs could just stand in the entrance area and wait for the chaos to come and kill the guards.

How would the SCPs know just to camp the entrance area?  There is no alert for a chaos spawn so the SCPs would have no idea.  At that point it is just a gamble for the SCPs.  Will the guards kill the chaos and have extra ammo to kill the SCPs, or will Chaos wipe out the guards and help the SCPs?  It adds a little more to the Chaos spawn rounds, makes it more interesting for everyone.

I think there's a bit too much concern that the guards won't be able to hold off SCPs in addition to chaos. Keep in mind, in a normal chaos spawn round there are no guards. They just don't spawn at all. If chaos spawns put the chaos in light in addition to spawning guards then it helps it to balance out the game where the only people on the ntf side aren't scientists. 

My bigger concerns is that the chaos will simply gun down scientists in light (hopefully the new disarming rules will assist preventing this) or that the round will be shortened because all the class d will be able to simply rush an exit with chaos to let them out, rather than spending 5 minutes scrounging for cards to upgrade. 

3 hours ago, EMP Fingers said:

I think there's a bit too much concern that the guards won't be able to hold off SCPs in addition to chaos. Keep in mind, in a normal chaos spawn round there are no guards. They just don't spawn at all.

What's important to see here is that the initial suggestion of it was to allow guards to still spawn in chaos rounds, rather than make life more difficult for the guards.  The chaos would be pulled from the regular d-class spawn and set as chaos on the surface.  This not only makes it tougher for the chaos since they can normally walk into the facility and not have to worry about anything but the SCPs, who they regularly team with.  With the guards in play, it makes the round more interesting, as it is assumed that the chaos will team with SCPs and make easy work of the Scientists.  This way, chaos don't just walk into the facility for free.  

The chaos spawning on the surface is also ideal, as in the case of a small entrance zone, Guards can be out of there and into heavy before the chaos even open gate A.  Likewise, if the Entrance zone is fairly large, both parties may have a difficult time not only finding their way around, but also running into each other before dispersing among heavy and light containment.  

It's also a good game changer every now and then for the d-class running through heavy containment.  There could be a scientist and guard who run into a d-class and chaos.  I think it would spice things up more, as when you are a d-class, all you can do is fend for yourself whenever you run into a guard, or hope that they disarm you.  With both chaos and guards roaming heavy, you have the chance of running into someone who can actually protect you as a d-class versus gun you down.  This is in the case that both parties make it to Heavy without killing each other.

I see the problem that everyone is going at, and it is that the chaos will supposedly wipe out the guards.  This is totally possible, but that chaos won't get out of the battle unscathed.  They could lose a couple people, use up all their med kits, and use up plenty of ammo trying to get a Guard at range.  If anything, its more of a balance things as the chaos spawns are currently uncontested by any party, as they can team with the SCPs with little to no issue in most cases.  For me I don't see this as an issue for guards, I see it as a way of balancing out the chaos spawn rounds, still giving the guards a chance to kill or at least expend the chaos' resources.

Another thing I intended with my original idea was that it would still be a Chaos round, so they would have the advantage. The spawning of guards would mean that they would have more to deal with, ensuring it wouldn't immediately go to "Chaos run into SCPs, they team, and Chaos try to get all the d bois up while they're either hiding or running away.". If the guards manage to kill them, great. If the Chaos manage to wipe them, it goes to business as usual. But if both manage to get into heavy, it gives room for more interesting scenarios to play out like Curtis mentioned. 

• Like 1