Helvane

Helvane's forum junior developer application

Steam Name:

Helvane

Discord Tag:

Helvane#0414

SteamID (Either 32 or 64):

steamID64: 76561197998138853 

17 Years old. I turn 18 on August 29th (in two days from now) 

Country & Timezone:

Massachusetts, US. (EST)

What coding languages do you know? Please list them in order of most confident to least confident:

Strong skill level: Java, Javascript, NodeJS, AngularJS, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, PHP, Ajax, XML, HTML, JSON. (I'm not sure if this is relevant but I also know MongoDB and MySQL databases.)  

Moderate skill level: C++, Perl, Swift, Typescript, Jquery, (even though Jquery is old and people don't really use it that much anymore)

(I would actually consider my skills in these a little bit above moderate it's just that I don't use them that much)

Low skill level: Python (I know that Python is pretty easy to learn it's just that I don't have the time to really learn it.)

Are you familiar with using a Version Control platform such as GitHub or GitLab?:

I've used GitHub but not GitLab.  

Are you familiar with the PHP Scripting Language?:

Yes i've learned it about three years ago and I still have a lot of knowledge about it. For me personally it was pretty easy to learn PHP since I was already good and had a really good understanding to the languages similar to it.

I know how to do PHP cookie, PHP XML, PHP Ajax, PHP Arrays, For Loops, While Loops, Functions, Variables, Constants, Operators, Interface, Classes, Objects, Inheritance, Exceptions (Throw and catch errors).  

Are you familiar the Invision forum software?:

No, but I am willing to learn it. I have used other forum softwares before like PHPBB and I've learned extremely fast from it. 

Are you familiar with configuring and using a nginx web server?:

Yes. I also know Apache web server if that means anything to you guys. 

Why are you interested in becoming a web developer?:

I've learned a lot about web developing from my dad who is considered a senior web developer and has 20 years experience as a web developer/UI designer. I also took classes in high school on a couple of languages. I have about 4 years experience and i've learned so many cool languages over 4 years and MOST of the coding i've done are web based so I mainly specialize in web developing rather than video game developing, so I feel as if I would have a lot to offer as a forum developer. I practice my skills in coding as much as I can by making personal and cool stuff for me, i've even made a forum website out of scratch about three years ago for a gaming community I used to be apart of (but the community died out).  

I also know how to make apps on my phone using XCode.    

Anything Else?:

I have nothing else to say, I just hope you guys can see the potential in me. :classic_biggrin:

gAB3cdc.jpg 0JGNbHS.png

Hello @Helvane

Unfortunately, I am going to have to deny your application for developer, I feel as though you are attempting to spread yourself too thin with attempting to step into every department. If you have any questions feel free to ask.